Health Savings Account
For certain compatible health insurance plans, you can open a Health Savings Account (HSA) to help pay for your out-of-pocket medical expenses.
If you have an HSA compatible plan and you’re interested in opening an account, visit your bank or use the links below to sign up with our preferred provider, HSA Bank.
For the tech savvy crowd, Lively is an awesome way to turn your HSA account into an easy to use app and investment tool. It’s simpler than dealing with a bank directly and sign up is super simple. Check it out below!
Maximum contributions for Health Savings Accounts
The guidelines for maximum contributions change every year. The most recent updates are below.
The Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issue annual guidelines on the maximum contribution levels for HSAs, the minimum deductible amounts and the out-of-pocket maximum amounts.
The 2019 and 2020 limits are:
HSA contribution limits
- 2019 Individual contribution limit: $3,500
- 2019 Family contribution limit: $7,100
- 2020 Individual contribution limit: $3,550
- 2020 Family contribution limit: $7,000
HSA Deductible Amounts
- 2019 Individual minimum deductible: $1,350
- 2019 Family minimum deductible: $2,700
- 2020 Individual minimum deductible: $1,400
- 2020 Family minimum deductible: $2,800
HSA Out-of-Pocket (OOP) Amounts
- 2019 Individual OOP maximum: $6,750
- 2019 Family OOP maximum: $13,500
- 2020 Individual OOP maximum: $6,900
- 2020 Family OOP maximum: $13,800